Master Node by building a real-world RESTful API and web app (with authentication, Node.js security, payments & more)
Get the coupon at the end of the description.
Original Price: ₹3,499
Discount: 87% off
5 hours left at this price!
Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (16,196 ratings) 99,092 students
Created by Jonas Schmedtmann
15 sections • 229 lectures • 42h 12m total length
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!
3 lectures • 13min
Introduction to Node.js and NPM
20 lectures • 3hr 20min
Introduction to Back-End Web Development
5 lectures • 35min
How Node.js Works: A Look Behind the Scenes
11 lectures • 1hr 46min
7 lectures • 1hr 2min
Express: Let's Start Building the Natours API!
22 lectures • 3hr 24min
Introduction to MongoDB
13 lectures • 1hr 21min
Using MongoDB with Mongoose
28 lectures • 5hr 10min
Error Handling with Express
14 lectures • 2hr 10min
Authentication, Authorization and Security
23 lectures • 5hr 29min
Modelling Data and Advanced Mongoose
27 lectures • 5hr 33min
Server-Side Rendering with Pug Templates
24 lectures • 5hr 51min
Advanced Features: Payments, Email, File Uploads
20 lectures • 4hr 4min
Setting Up Git and Deployment
10 lectures • 2hr 11min
That's It, Everyone!
2 lectures • 5min
This course includes:
42 hours on-demand video
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion
- Master the entire modern back-end stack: Node, Express, MongoDB and Mongoose (MongoDB JS driver)
- Build a complete, beautiful & real-world application from start to finish (API and server-side rendered website)
- Build a fast, scalable, feature-rich RESTful API (includes filters, sorts, pagination, and much more)
- Learn how Node really works behind the scenes: event loop, blocking vs non-blocking code, streams, modules, etc.
- CRUD operations with MongoDB and Mongoose
- Deep dive into mongoose (including all advanced features)
- How to work with data in NoSQL databases (including geospatial data)
- Advanced authentication and authorization (including password reset)
- Security: encryption, sanitization, rate limiting, etc.
- Server-side website rendering with Pug templates
- Credit card payments with Stripe
- Sending emails & uploading files
- Deploy the final application to production (including a Git crash-course)
- Downloadable videos, code and design assets for projects
- Fundamentals of Node.js, core modules and NPM (Node Package Manager)
- How Node.js works behind the scenes: event loop, blocking vs non-blocking code, event-driven architecture, streams, modules, etc.
- Fundamentals of Express (Node.js framework): routing, middleware, sending responses, etc.
- RESTful API design and development with advanced features: filtering, sorting, aliasing, pagination
- Server-side website rendering (HTML) with Pug templates
- CRUD operations with MongoDB database locally and on the Atlas platform (in the cloud)
- Advanced MongoDB: geospatial queries, aggregation pipeline, and operators
- Fundamentals of Mongoose (MongoDB JS driver): Data models, CRUD operations, data validation, and middleware
- Advanced Mongoose features: modeling geospatial data, populates, virtual populates, indexes, etc.
- Using the MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture
- How to work with data in NoSQL databases
- Advanced data modelling: relationships between data, embedding, referencing, and more
- Complete modern authentication with JWT: user sign up, log in, password reset, secure cookies, etc.
- Authorization (user roles)
- Security: best practices, encryption, sanitization, rate limiting, etc.
- Accepting credit card payments with Stripe: Complete integration on the back-end and front-end
- Uploading files and image processing
- Sending emails with Mailtrap and Sendgrid
- Advanced error handling workflows
- Deploying Node.js application to production with Heroku
- Git and GitHub crash course
- And so much more!